The Composer

<>

Calendar
You're Loved, You're Blessed!

Hide-and-Seek! :P

Completed Scores

And the week has come to an end...

This was not an easy week, being down with so many things. I don't know if you can classify that as a common flu or not, but my illness doesn't seem to fit anywhere else. I've been so blur the past two days i went back to school. I couldn't understand what Ms Tay was trying to explain to me for the four-part harmony; i didn't register there was a bio exam the day before when Dr Tan asked me how it was on thursday; i took such a long time to get Lenz's law and the right hand rule.

But i'm better! No more giddiness or headaches! Okays, headaches from doing homework, that one is inevitable.

Next week will not be an easy week, but i believe that i can take it. I believe that i can go through that week and ace all my tests and quizzes, and especially my PSAT(:

Sometimes, its really foolish to make a decision based on peer pressure. At the point of decision, you wouldn't register it as 'peer pressure'; you just made the decision because everyone is doing that and you want to be with your friends. But to me, i don't think the advantages of being with friends outweigh the disadvantages of keeping the major. After all, friends are friends, and they will be friends forever! I can always IM-them, sms them or see them in the canteen or something. But to me, to study that subject, that particular subject, is very taxing. It requires many hours of work just to understand a seemingly simple concept that other people understand in class.

I was thinking of the big picture as i signed the form. First, short-term would be years 5 and 6. What do i want? A relaxed year? Yes, i do. After so much rigour in the system, you want relaxation. And I still have boarding life to adapt to, to enjoy and to get the most out of it. If i free up my time, i can spend it on other places, like music. Then, consider the longer-term. What course do i want to take in university? Accountancy as first choice, life-sciences (specialisation in molecular and cell biology) as second. It helps to be specific, and to get your dreams and aspirations well thought-out at the start. Do some research; the NUS website and their requirements, the potential jobs and their courses. In fact, engineering does not require physics, but physics would help; if you don't have a physics major, then you take a 1 semester preparatory module in your first year.

So, i made the decision, and i will not regret. Never regret and move ahead. I'm going to try to get a high CAP, so i can get into the course and the uni of my choice. I should have more time now, with one less subject to deal with (and another, which is chinese, assuming i get a D7, which i should. Its the A1 that is uncertain.)

Labels: ,