The Composer

<>

Calendar
You're Loved, You're Blessed!

Hide-and-Seek! :P

Completed Scores

the importance of what you have

Now i got my speech outline properly done up, i need to get a speech transcript written out; I can't possibly talk with just a skimpy outline, no not in front of Ms Cheng. And i thought this long weekend was for me to enjoy my birthday! But no, its more for me to mug, mug, mug!

I'm so silly. I was suppose to wash the cutter, you know those that you use to peel carrot/potato skin with. I was supposed to clean it with a cloth. But I used my thumb to clean it, and wallah! I have such a long cut on my thumb! It's such a handicap! Strange enough, i never knew that a thumb was important until today. I know i'm being stupid, thinking of so many things from a long cut, but i can't help it. Let's just say i'm whining, because my thumb is throbbing as i'm typing this and there's nothing i can do about it.

With my thumb injured, i have to consciously make sure it doesn't touch anything to hurt it more. And I can't grip a fork properly, which i had to do at my birthday dinner. I can't peel prawn shells; i had to do them with my mouth, which was difficult because these tiny prawns are so curled up. I couldn't rip open the crab shell with my bare hands, and neither could i use cutlery to do it; I was relying on my family to feed me for dinner.

Now that dinner's over, i'm sad because i can't practice the piano. How on earth am i going to do that alberti base in the speed required? And that thrill; where left hand thrills are done using the thumb and the index finger. Okay, then for the slow pieces, how can my thumb take the strain of staying on the note for the full value?

So you see, you never know the value of what you have until you lose it (temporarily or not), and by then, it might be too late :P

Labels: ,