Its been a long time since I was home. Now home seems different; it seems so foreign to me. No doubt its the same condo, the same unit and all the furniture are in the same place but the dynamics of home just seem so puzzling. Mei has taken over my table, so now she effectively has two tables (and she has surprisingly cleaned her table which she hasn't done for a long time) and she's more hardworking now. Yesterday she threw my books on the floor because she wanted to do A maths. Its not that i'm not happy with that, but I thought that was my table? Like mummy says, now its like the whole house is hers. She calls the shots here and my parents pamper her so much. But that's good in a sense, because i've been praying for the relationship between mummy and mei to blossom for a long time and for mei to reduce her rebellious nature and be the good little daughter she once was, so there would be no quarrels in the family.
After ten years of piano education, i've finally made the difficult decision to stop my lesson. I want to continue learning; I badly do, but circumstances has it that it'll be a waste of money if i do. Living in the hostel has made piano practices rare and few because the music room is always in use when I want it. And it seems that I can't complete my diploma in this year if that keeps up. Furthermore, mummy thinks its an "expensive hobby" and why don't i just practice by myself. I'm not the one with the money, so i don't have a say in this.
But I still want to thank Ms Chin for making this one year and a few months so enjoyable and making me view piano lessons in a new light, that music isn't just about practicing its about the perspective. That she opened my eyes to so many new things and changed my mindset about not being able to do the difficult technical portions. Though Mei didn't have a pleasant experience with her (i guess that's because she didn't practice), but I did and I've learnt much more in these months of lessons and enjoyed it much more than all the other nine years of learning. One thing i'll remember from her is the fact that whenever i kind of want to give up, she'll say "can one, try.", then she'll go on a story about how she couldn't do something last time but managed it after persevering on.
Its been a long time since I was home. Now home seems different; it seems so foreign to me. No doubt its the same condo, the same unit and all the furniture are in the same place but the dynamics of home just seem so puzzling. Mei has taken over my table, so now she effectively has two tables (and she has surprisingly cleaned her table which she hasn't done for a long time) and she's more hardworking now. Yesterday she threw my books on the floor because she wanted to do A maths. Its not that i'm not happy with that, but I thought that was my table? Like mummy says, now its like the whole house is hers. She calls the shots here and my parents pamper her so much. But that's good in a sense, because i've been praying for the relationship between mummy and mei to blossom for a long time and for mei to reduce her rebellious nature and be the good little daughter she once was, so there would be no quarrels in the family.
After ten years of piano education, i've finally made the difficult decision to stop my lesson. I want to continue learning; I badly do, but circumstances has it that it'll be a waste of money if i do. Living in the hostel has made piano practices rare and few because the music room is always in use when I want it. And it seems that I can't complete my diploma in this year if that keeps up. Furthermore, mummy thinks its an "expensive hobby" and why don't i just practice by myself. I'm not the one with the money, so i don't have a say in this.
But I still want to thank Ms Chin for making this one year and a few months so enjoyable and making me view piano lessons in a new light, that music isn't just about practicing its about the perspective. That she opened my eyes to so many new things and changed my mindset about not being able to do the difficult technical portions. Though Mei didn't have a pleasant experience with her (i guess that's because she didn't practice), but I did and I've learnt much more in these months of lessons and enjoyed it much more than all the other nine years of learning. One thing i'll remember from her is the fact that whenever i kind of want to give up, she'll say "can one, try.", then she'll go on a story about how she couldn't do something last time but managed it after persevering on.
Lynnette is a sweet little girl
Whose favourite day is 18th October
Where she is born into the House of God
And she loves playing music
From SNGS to NUSH, she loves them all
:P
Wonderful parents
Great sister
Great friends, who never hesitate to help me, yay 403!
Be able to cope with council, MA and school
A nice research mentor and a great team
A lovely hostel mate, just as i requested you and great toilet mates
Teachers' Day celebrations IC under MA
Good grades, and coping with physics
A new TV and stereo system!
Prayers
God has blessed me richly!
High School Never Ends :P
More 403 reunions
A great class next year
A great mentor next year
Great friends
Coping with hostel life
MA Exco
To be healed
To have the perfect family