And so we finished watching the classic Pride and Prejudice! Though most of the time i didn't quite understand their language, and thanks to the speaker that was just behind me, i caught most of the meaning. Its strange, Elizabeth and Darcy's love for each other is quite strong, yet they are holding back their love. Why don't they just express it to each other? Same with Bingley and Jane, they love each other dearly but due to the lack of communication, many misunderstandings form. And i don't get how that is a proposal for marriage, isn't it just some random conversation? The word "marriage" didn't even pop up in the conversation and bingo! You two are engaged! :O
Anyway, much as my sister complain that the show is boring, i actually enjoy it. It's a period drama that's why. I like it because you get to see how people think and act in the olden days and how their balls look like and how they dress to impress. And i did hear a harpsichord! Cool right? Caroline could play Turkish March so well, on the harpsichord! (Okay, maybe she just moved her hands and pretended, but the person who played it was brilliant!)
Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us. To yield without conviction is no compliment to the understanding of either. "And your defect is a propensity to hate everybody." "And yours," he replied with a smile, "is willfully to misunderstand them" "An unhappy alternative is before you, Elizabeth. From this day you must be a stranger to one of your parents. Your mother will never see you again if you do not marry Mr. Collins, and I will never see you again if you do." (I so love Mr Bennet's wit!) "For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?" (Another one!) "In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." (But there's no awwww effect because they say it so... prim and proper) "I cannot fix on the hour, or the look, or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun." (And Mr Darcy love Elizabeth! Like duh... But its not really about him winning her heart directly with sweet words and more but by his actions and care for her sisters)
And so we finished watching the classic Pride and Prejudice! Though most of the time i didn't quite understand their language, and thanks to the speaker that was just behind me, i caught most of the meaning. Its strange, Elizabeth and Darcy's love for each other is quite strong, yet they are holding back their love. Why don't they just express it to each other? Same with Bingley and Jane, they love each other dearly but due to the lack of communication, many misunderstandings form. And i don't get how that is a proposal for marriage, isn't it just some random conversation? The word "marriage" didn't even pop up in the conversation and bingo! You two are engaged! :O
Anyway, much as my sister complain that the show is boring, i actually enjoy it. It's a period drama that's why. I like it because you get to see how people think and act in the olden days and how their balls look like and how they dress to impress. And i did hear a harpsichord! Cool right? Caroline could play Turkish March so well, on the harpsichord! (Okay, maybe she just moved her hands and pretended, but the person who played it was brilliant!)
Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us. To yield without conviction is no compliment to the understanding of either. "And your defect is a propensity to hate everybody." "And yours," he replied with a smile, "is willfully to misunderstand them" "An unhappy alternative is before you, Elizabeth. From this day you must be a stranger to one of your parents. Your mother will never see you again if you do not marry Mr. Collins, and I will never see you again if you do." (I so love Mr Bennet's wit!) "For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?" (Another one!) "In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." (But there's no awwww effect because they say it so... prim and proper) "I cannot fix on the hour, or the look, or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun." (And Mr Darcy love Elizabeth! Like duh... But its not really about him winning her heart directly with sweet words and more but by his actions and care for her sisters)
Lynnette is a sweet little girl
Whose favourite day is 18th October
Where she is born into the House of God
And she loves playing music
From SNGS to NUSH, she loves them all
:P
Wonderful parents
Great sister
Great friends, who never hesitate to help me, yay 403!
Be able to cope with council, MA and school
A nice research mentor and a great team
A lovely hostel mate, just as i requested you and great toilet mates
Teachers' Day celebrations IC under MA
Good grades, and coping with physics
A new TV and stereo system!
Prayers
God has blessed me richly!
High School Never Ends :P
More 403 reunions
A great class next year
A great mentor next year
Great friends
Coping with hostel life
MA Exco
To be healed
To have the perfect family